Microsoft Office is nothing but an Office Suite for the set of inter-related desktop applications, servers and web services for both Windows and Mac OS X users. Some of the products include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc. Accessibility Checker is one of the most effective tools provided in Microsoft Office for Windows. This application is used to check the document for possible issues that people may experience while viewing their Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, or Excel file. This tool is also capable of checking the documents which are against a set of rules developed by ADA standards and provides a list of items that should be adjusted.
Functions of MS Office Accessibility Checker:
- Identifying the possible issues that might create problems for MS Office users with disabilities in reading or using the content.
- It provides a task pane which helps the user to view and fix their issues before finalizing the content.
How to run MS Office accessibility checker tool on Windows computer?
If you want to know how to run MS Office accessibility checker tool on Windows computer then you don’t need to move anywhere as you are at right place. Running the MS office inspection tool on a Windows computer is quite easy process. Now open the document which you have to check. After that go to the File tab and select Info option. Now select Check for Issues option and from there choose the Check Accessibility option from the drop-down menu. Now each issue found can be classified as a warning, error or tip.
- Error: An error is for content that can be raised while reading the document. If it occurs then it is so difficult and quite impossible for the users with the disabilities to understand.
- Warning: A warning is for content which can be raised at sometimes but not all times. While reading the document if any warning occurs then it is difficult or impossible for the user with disabilities to understand those warnings.
- Tips: A tip is also for content that people with the disabilities can easily understand it. The tips should be presented in better and organized way so that one can improve their experience and solve their issues.
Sometimes while fixing some issues with documents or files, it might require some changes in formatting, captions, heading styles, providing alternative text for images or data tables. In such cases Accessibility Checker results pane will offers valuable suggestions for why-to-fix and how-to-fix these issues. It also let us to know more about MS Office features to make the content more accessible.