Do you really want to get notified when others receive or open an email message on Outlook? Well, just check this page or read through the following lines to get detailed information whether the mails which you have sent are opened or not. By enabling this feature, you can be able to better diagnose some of the mail delivery issues associated with your Outlook program.
How to Track all Messages which you have sent?
Under default settings, Outlook will only keep the track of messages which have failed to send. But to you can change this settings by following the procedure showed below.
- Open Outlook program and click File
- Select Mail tab from Options.
- Here you can see a Tracking option, where you can check or uncheck the option Delivery receipt confirming the message was delivered to the recipient’s e-mail server or Read receipt confirming the recipient viewed the message check box.
Procedure of Tracking a Single Outlook Message
Just like steps described above, select Options from File->Mail and choose the same Tracking option. You can see two checkboxes namely, Request a Delivery Report and Request a Read Receipt from there. You can choose an appropriate option from there.
Tracking Receipt Responses
- Open the original message which you have sent with any kind of request for delivery or read report from the Sent Items
- After clicking message, select Tracking from Show
- Here, you can track receipt responses if you want. But this tracking won’t appear until you have at least one receipt. After selecting such a receipt, wait for a few minutes to make Tracking option to get available.
But don’t forget that in Outlook, the message recipient can decline to send read receipts at any time. It is not just the case of Outlook. Various other email clients are also do not support this read receipts option.
Note: Instead of all messages, it is good to track only single messages for best practice.