MS Outlook application is one of the most common email client used for sending / receiving the email message and other Outlook events like scheduling calendar appointments, tasks, notes, etc. Outlook consists of Personalized Storage Table (PST) and Offline Data file (OST) to save all the information about email and Outlook items. This Outlook data file is created over all versions of MS Outlook including Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2000, Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010.
At times, many Outlook users across the globe face the corruption issues on their PST file and they are not able to access items present within those damaged PST file. This is usually happens due to scenarios such as Cyclic Redundancy Check error, File corruption error, presence of bad error, virus or worm’s infection, and many other.
In order to fix MS Outlook PST file corruption issues you can use Outlook ScanPST.exe. This software is available within C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15 folder. Sometime you may find it difficult to repair corrupted or damaged MS Outlook PST file using Outlook ScanPST.exe. In such situation you can use ScanPST Fix tool to repair the PST file and recover all Outlook attributes such as RSS feeds, notes, events, contacts, etc.
Scenarios that makes PST file inaccessible are:
- While sending or receiving emails on MS Outlook if you close the PST file abnormally either mistakenly or intentionally then Outlook PST data file gets corrupted and you may loss MS Outlook attributes.
- Spyware or malware infection is one of the common issues that leads to damage of PST file. If your system is attacked with dangerous virus then inbuilt scanpst fails to fix severely damaged PST file. In order to avoid attack of harmful threats install updated antivirus software on your PC or laptop.
- If your networking device (includes hubs, cables, network interface card, routers, etc.) are damaged then there is a possibility that your Outlook PST file might get damage or corrupt.
- After completion of MS Outlook up-gradation if occurrence of any kind of error while importing the Outlook PST file from older version to newer then PST file may get damage.
Instructions to fix PST file:
- First, you need to download and install demo version on your computer and then double click on the icon to launch it.
- Next, select respective options among “Open PST File”, “Find PST File” and “Select Outlook Profile” from welcome screen.
- Click on the “Browse” button to select the damaged PST file and then choose scan type, either Normal scan or Smart scan.
- Click on “Next” and then select “Repair” button to start repair process and you can preview the list of fixed Outlook PST file before saving them on desired location.
- Finally, store the fixed PST file on any healthy data storage gadgets.
Why ScanPST Fix software is better than inbuilt ScanPST repair tool?
- ScanPST Fix tool repairs severely corrupted or damaged PST file due to any issues but Inbuilt Repair Tool repairs only those Outlook PST file that are not severely damaged.
- It can easily retrieves attachments from corrupted mailboxes within few minutes whereas Scanpst fails to recovers attachments from mailboxes.
- With the help of ScanPST Fix application you can rescue lost or deleted emails, contacts, RSS feeds, journals, tasks and other Outlook items. but unable to restore any deleted Outlook attributes.
- It has ability to repair corrupted Outlook PST data file on Windows 8/Vista/7/XP, Server 2008 R2/2003/ Server 2003 R2 and so on.
- This repair tool successfully fix oversized damaged or corrupted PST files without affecting file structure of original Outlook PST file.
- It helps to track the exact path of the corrupted PST file in case you fail to remember the location of the Outlook PST file.